Monday, June 13, 2011

Cemetery Stones

The Bethlehem Baptist Cemetery is filled with my relatives most of whom were Longs, Browns, Grahams, Reiters, Tyreys.  But, I did photographs some that weren't related (as far as I knew)
The stone above appears to say "Miller" but I don't know whose stone it was, but it was so different from most of them in the cemetery.

Isaac E.[Evans] Pounds 1842-1925 Martha M. [Trimble] 1856-1932  Their daughter Gertrude Pounds married my great uncle Clarence Long.

Mary Catherine Wilson Trimble is a distant cousin (her grandmother Mary Polly Graham Brown was my great-great-great grandmother).  She is the white haired lady standing behind the man with the white beard.  This photo is from the Jefferson County Association photo.

Mary Catherine Wilson Trimble or Tremble 1860-1935  She is pictured below in 1931 at a Family Reunion Photo in 1931---she is seated and dressed in black.

The Winers' stones look like pillows next to each other.  But, they are Mother and Son.
William Wade Winer March 22, 1876-1923
Our Mother Sophronia A. [Lee] Winer 1853-1906.  Sophronia is the daughter of Lewis Harrison Lee and Margaret Julia Graham.

I started researching this church because this is the resting place of my great-grandmother Mary Reiter Long, her parents Louis and Eliza Reiter and probably her grandmother Celecia Tyrey.  It is also the resting place of my Great-great grandparents Milton and Catherine Long.  I suspect in unmarked graves are also Mary Polly Graham and Henry Brown because their children and grandchildren fill many plots.  I also suspect Margaret McCarroll Graham is also here because about half the people in this cemetery are her descendants.  We know this church was formed in the 1820's, one of the first in Jefferson County, but at this time I don't have proof that those g-g-g grandparents and g-g-g-g grandmother are here, but I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment